Monday, May 7, 2012

May I ask a small favor?

So, here's the situation, friends: I've been to ward prayer (a Sunday gathering in singles' wards in which we gather to pray and eye prospective eternal companions) a whole three times in the year I've lived in this ward; I enjoyed it well enough in other wards, but I never made a whole lot of friends in this ward so I feel quite awkward. Yesterday, however, I was asked to give the prayer and was therefore obliged to attend.

My current ward has this tradition of passing around a "talent stick" a green, oddly shaped (yet somehow endearing) homemade clay vase thing. It looks like this:

Just for fun, here's what it looks like after I accessorized it under the recommendation of Facebook friends:

The point of my post is this: I have chosen to share my blog as my talent. I have a book "published" of the first year and a half of my blog, so I'm going to take that to share. I'd also like to read a post, and that's where you come in! I'm sure you all have a million and a half things to do, but if anyone out there happens to have a post of mine in mind that they particularly enjoyed, please let me know! It doesn't have to be from the early days; I can certainly print a post out to take. I'm just worried that the post I might pick on my own may not be much of a crowd pleaser, though I will look into my blog stats to see which posts were more popular.

So anyway, thank you so very very much in advance. I appreciate your help.

As always, thanks for reading.

1 comment:

Alison said...

Looks to me like you're going to showcase two talents - your mad writing skillz and accessorizing freaky-looking objects.

Alison's recommendations(titles not exact, sorry): To the map room!, Back to School, Major Nerd, and Olefactory snowman.

Go get 'em! And if they don't like your talent, then just beat 'em over the head with that fuggly, yet well-accessorized, stick!