Thursday, October 22, 2009

Waterbottlegate

Many of you are not aware that we recently got a new store manager at JCP. After several years of laid-back-ness, we have a new manager who is determined to stick to the rules and make all sorts of positive changes in our little store. I'm sure that a lot of her ideas are great, and I'm sure that eventually we'll all get along just fine, but for right now I'm a little concerned about some of her "ideas". On Tuesday, I was told that we would no longer be allowed to have water bottles out on the sales floor, as it was "unprofessional". I was/am pretty upset about it because I am a very thirsty person, especially since so much of my shift is spent talking to customers/fellow employees. Since it has become such a big deal, I have named this conflict "Waterbottlegate". I had a whole rant prepared to submit as an anonymous comment when I heard, from Linda, that we were being given a two week trial to see if we could handle the responsibilities of professional thirst quenching. We are now allowed a clear, screw-top water bottle if we keep it hidden and take it away after our shifts. If one person messes up, we're all going down, sentenced to a lifetime of work in the desert that will be JCP. So now I just have to get a new water bottle and hope for the best...

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

good luck! So I guess the idea of a bladder in a back pack with the straw/tube coming up to your mouth is out of the question :)

Etts a Beautiful Life said...

If you want me to I can go into the store and complain about employee abuse and inhumane methods and what not the next time I am in Logan.

Alison said...

Dillards was like that and I hated it because I, as well, have a drinking problem :P. My niece's first grade class have little water bottles on their desks because there were too many requests and trips to the water fountain. Problem solved and productivity goes up (as well as sanitation! So, whoever messes up will have to fear the wrath of Michelle. I wouldn't want that! J/K! Hehehe!

Anonymous said...

I am waiting to see what happens. This lady may have a revolt on her hands. Which I would fully support. Hopefully no one abuses the waterbottle rule. Enjoy the title by the way.

Michelle said...

Thanks for the support, friends! I hope we'll be able to keep our water bottles in the end.