Sunday, October 25, 2009

Stake Conference and More

Today we had Regional/Stake conference up at the Spectrum. Visiting general authorities President Eyring and Elder Ballard spoke (including Elder Ballard making a suggestion that the young men and women of the choir marry each other) and the choir was totally awesome. It was a wonderful experience to feel the Spirit and know that I was in the company of true prophets of the Lord.
While waiting for the conference to start, a few young men came and sat behind my family, and what we overheard was both surprising and incredibly amusing. All of my years, I have assumed that guys didn't talk about girls, at least not the way that we girls do. Girls are silly and presumptive. We overanalyze every little thing and we make crazy plans to draw men in. (I hope that none of my fellow ladies are annoyed that I gave away our game plan ;) ) Anyway, my mom and I had to restrain our laughter at the conversation of the guys behind us. They were talking about a girl on the aisle. One guy was saying that the girl was his type, and one of the other guys told him that he should go talk to her. Later we heard them discussing that the guy interested in the aisle-girl left his seat and came back "just in time" to be able to talk to the girl. The guy revealed that it had all been part of his plan. It was almost like I'd been granted a glimpse into the world of men. I guess it just felt good to know that guys are crazy, too.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

AWESOME!!! I love it! I totally didn't realize guys were... crazy like girls are. :)

Kim & Dave said...

That's hilarious! Guys...what would we do w/o them? Glad conference was good. I heard you were having some "big" general authorities. That's cool.

Anonymous said...

ha ha :) I think it probably takes a lot of guts for a guy to talk to a girl or even ask them out on a date :)

Alison said...

Thanks for helping settle a little disagreement of where Stake Conference was being held and broadcast yesterday!