Thursday, May 2, 2013

What Great Saturdays Sometimes Look Like

Sooo...this last Saturday was grood. Great and good. The weather was gorgeous, and I didn't have to work (I seriously can't get over not working on Saturdays. So wonderful.) Here's what happened:

First, I finally busted out my jcp version of the Magic Bullet. I bought this on the Black Friday before last (I may or may not have hidden it under a table, due to the fact that I had to work...). Isn't it pretty? It's much more turquoise-y in real life. I was a little concerned, due to reports that others of this model had caught fire, but it turned out pretty well. Well, it did start smelling unpleasant, so I only let it run for a few seconds at a time. This worked out because of the high power nature of the appliance. This is apples and strawberries, with Crystal Lite because I was afraid of running it without liquid.

It turned out fantastically! And now I'm slightly obsessed with this thing. I love it!

After this, I took my juice outside and read on my porch for a little while. I set up my CD player to play out one of my front windows so I could hear it outside while I read. Fabulous.

As early afternoon hit, I headed up the canyon with my dad, brother, and my brother's dog. We went up to this spring that my dad and I discovered last year. Gorgeous, eh? It wasn't super green up the canyon as yet, but there was lots of lovely green mossiness.

Please note the dog clear up the hill. My dad was cautiously ascending, due to slipperiness, and Sherlock just ran right up. Four wheel drive, I guess.

 Later in the evening, I attended a fabulous Relief Society fireside featuring delicious food from Noodles  & Co and a talk from one of my favorite people in the whole world. Then it was off to a bonfire and then a little Just Dance!, though by then I was to tired to do much.

So pretty much, an amazing Saturday.

I also feel that I should mention that I went to a Parachute concert on campus. I wasn't familiar with them, but I'm so glad my friend Nicole invited me. I actually knew some of their songs, and the ones I didn't know were great! They really put on a show. There's a good chance that I may have found the lead singer slightly attractive, despite the fact that he was wearing a womanly-cut tee shirt. I tried to look beyond that ;)

 Here is a terrible picture which I took on my phone for the sake of taking a picture. The lead singer may not even be in it. I can't find him. It's like Where's Waldo!
If you haven't heard of Parachute, you've probably at least heard this song. It's quite good. I may or may not have created a Parachute-inspired Pandora station over the weekend and may or may not be deeply enjoying it.


Anyway, there it is! The beautifulness of one Saturday, and random spout about Parachute.

Thanks for reading.

No comments: