Thursday, May 2, 2013

I Like Skirts. Also, Dresses.

I like skirts. Also, dresses. They're just so pretty. And comfy. And free! Well, I guess sometimes they're not super comfy. And sometimes not so very freeing. But that's beside the point. I love skirts. Also, dresses.

Maybe it's because I'm short and have a most ridiculous time finding pants what actually fits and is made of glass. Wait, that's from Pirates of the Caribbean...

Maybe it's because I'm short and have a most ridiculous time finding pants that are the proper length. Dress pants aren't so bad, because they're generally made of fabrics that can be hemmed. Jeans are the worst, though. The shorts are too short and the averages are too long. And of course, the longs are much too long (I seem to be in an odd mood as I write this post).

Pants wear out. The hems get ripped, the color fades, and the fabric inside your thighs rubs thin, all of which are incredibly frustrating when you finally find a pair you like. I suppose that hems on long skirts could rip a bit, but the colors don't fade as quickly because, let's face it, who washes their skirts or dresses every time they wear them? (Another excellent plus: less laundry!) And I always feel pretty in a skirt, even if I'm wearing a t-shirt with a skirt.

I've taken to wearing skirts most Saturdays, unless I'm doing something particularly outdoorsy. Lately, I've really been getting sick of jeans. And pants. I wear skirts to work almost every day. They are much awesomer than the two pairs of dress pants in my possession. I have a lot of skirts. I like them. I feel that I would have done well in the fifties.

Here's a paragraph for dresses: while I love them more than skirts, I am unable to wear them as much because I would look far too fancy. But I love them. Mostly because I feel like a princess. I feel that princesses probably wear dresses a lot.If you need more evidence on the wonderfulness of dresses, just take a jaunt over to modcloth.com. Gorgeous dresses and other treasures.

Yes, this post just went in circles with me saying the same thing over and over. Yes, it is possible that I haven't convinced anyone of the superiority of skirts. No, I don't care. Yes, I still love you all.

Here's something that may be more amusing than this crazy rambling post. I occasionally think of this Harry Potter moment as I ponder my love of skirts/dresses, even though it's really not related.


No comments: