Friday, August 13, 2010

Farewell, Gregg and Brittany!

Here are the lyrics I wrote for Gregg and Brittany's farewell party at Aggy's tonight. It's to the tune of "Benny and the Jets" by Elton John.

Hey kids, have you heard the latest?
We've got two more people who've decided they should leave us.
I'll tell you who in a minute, so stick around.
If you don't know already, you'll hear it through my awesome sound.

Chorus:
Say, Cori and Becca, did you hear who's gone?
Ooh - 'bout a week or more?
B-b-b-Brittany and Gregg-g-g.
Yes, they are gone but they're wonderful
Oh Brittany! We miss you, Gregg too.
Gregg's in security, and Brittany,
She's working at the university. Oh-oh...
B-b-b-Brittany and Gregg-g-g.

Hey kids, here we are at Aggy's
Having a party, and most of us are ladies.
I'm glad that's right; I wrote this song before I came.
And I'll leave it up to you, my friends,
To tell me if it's awesome or lame.

Chorus

Notes: I'm sorry that, in singing this song, I made Gregg sound like he was insecure. I really meant that he works as a security guard. Also, in case you're not familiar with the original song, the repeated "g"'s on Gregg's name are in place of the lengthened "s" in the original song.

The end :)

No comments: