Sunday, June 20, 2010

Just a Little Update

I went to a family party last night and realized, while talking to my cousin Jenny, that I hadn't really circulated a certain bit of news among a good portion of my friends and family. Here is the news: on May 5th, I went to the temple and took out my endowments. I didn't make a big deal out of it for a couple of reasons; first, my cousin was getting married (in the temple) the next week and I was hoping to attend her sealing without her knowing I would be there. Second, and perhaps more importantly, I felt that going to the temple was such a personal and sacred thing that posting it anywhere and everywhere would lessen the magnitude of the event. I finally decided to blog about it because I don't want to seem like I'm hiding it or anything. I'm actually not sharing this particular post on Facebook, but those who follow my blog or check it regularly will see this and be up to date.

I suppose I should throw in a little note as to why I decided to go to the temple at this time. Whenever I told people that I didn't know very well that I was going, they always asked the same three questions: "Are you getting married? (no) Are you going on a mission? (no) So, why are you going?" I've thought about this a lot, and I could give a really long answer or I could just say this: it was time. I truly believe that right now (or rather, last month) is the time for me to take out my endowment, and I'm so glad that I did. It has already been a blessing in my life and I know it will continue to be in the future.

And that's all I have to say about that :) (try to read that in a Forrest Gump voice)

5 comments:

Etts a Beautiful Life said...

Congrats! That is exciting :) And you don't need a reason to do it!

Anonymous said...

Thanks for sharing. I hope I didn't put pressure on you or anything! It is a really special time :) I'm glad you are able to go to the Temple, keep going back as much as you can!

Michelle said...

Thanks, guys! You're totally fine, Jenny; I probably should have done this a while back.

Kim & Dave said...

That's awesome! Congratulations. We should go together sometime.

Michelle said...

Kim, we'll totally have to go sometime!