Wednesday, October 5, 2011

Buckle Up For Another Effect

Confession: I sometimes get distracted by other things and this blog gets nudged down a little lower on my list of priorities. There, I said it. I tend to post somewhat sporadically due to the other things going on in my life. I have a couple of personal projects (not to be confused with Personal Progress, haha) that I'm really excited about and that tend to get attention before this blog. I apologize to all of you who may or (more likely) may not hang on my every blogged word. Moving on...

As readers of this blog know, I like to expound on various "effects" that I notice in everyday life. The effect I would like to discuss today is the Audrey Hepburn effect. I love Audrey Hepburn. Sabrina, Breakfast at Tiffany's, Paris When It Sizzles, Roman Holiday...the list goes on. Every time I watch a movie with Audrey Hepburn in it, I'm struck by her incredible class. She's impeccably dressed and carries herself with such grace that I'm instantly jealous every time. It makes me want to redo my wardrobe in sixties shifts and do my hair in fancy, perfect updos. She's just so fancy I can't stand it!

What I also love about Audrey Hepburn is that she was also beautiful inside. Her work with UNICEF in later life is truly something to admire (even more than her fabulous looks). In short, she is fabulous in many, many ways.

I guess this post is a little short, but oh well. Now you can all run off and watch your favorite Audrey Hepburn movie, knowing I won't judge you if you're suddenly inspired to copy Sabrina's pixie cut or run off to Rome in hopes of meeting Gregory Peck.

Have fun with that :)

No comments: