Saturday, February 20, 2010

Update: Numbering the Days of the Deathcab

Those of you who are familiar with my vehicle, the Deathcab, may be surprised to discover that the ol' Deathcab was never intended to be the car to carry me throughout my entire driving lifetime. I know, it's a shocker. For a while, I've been saying that I planned to buy my dad's car but it's been taking a long time to get that all together, mainly because I kept putting off the necessary inspection and registration. You will all be proud to know that my prospective car has been inspected, and we should be getting the registration done on Monday. It's sort of a weird situation because this is actually the car that I drove in high school (I just didn't own it). Since it's my high school car, it has all these awesome stickers that I got from seminary. For those of you who attended Logan High: "amped", "surrender", and "BOM". I'm trying to decide if it's worth it to try and scrape off all those super-rad stickers. If nothing else, I definitely need to get rid of the "KCI Rocks!" vanity plate....that really needs to go.

Other questions have plagued my mind with the passing of the Deathcab ownership: am I still the Deathcab's Cutie, or does this title transfer to the next owner of the car (my sister)? Of course, this leads to another question: if I lose my title, do I have to change the title of my blog? It took me a long time to come up with this one; I don't know if I could come up with one equally awesome. Man, I had no idea there were so many complications involved with selling my car!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I would say that the title of your blog may remain the same... because once upon a time you were the Deathcab's cutie. It will be weird to not have the deathcab around on some of our "adventures" e.g. me locking my keys in my car at Old Grist Mill in Providence area and you rescuing me.

Kim & Dave said...

Wow! I can't believe it's time to move forward (or backward) with a "new" car. Congrats and good luck. P.S. I definitely think you are good keeping the Deathcab's Cutie. :0)